Tuesday, October 13, 2009

High, high, fuckin Low....Damn Hemorrhoid!

Ok i promise my next post is gonna be POSITIVE... =)

So i've just been away at the beautiful Sanctuary Cove for my national sales conference for the last 3 days and had blast! It was like a mini holiday even though the days were spent listening to guest speakers. I even ate really well, the resort provided really good food ( you'd hope so when 60+ natural medicine practitioners get together) + i packed a lot of healthy eats too. However there were quite a lot of tempting desserts and pastries too, but i was impressed with my discipline and only had one tiny choc slice on sunday night.

However last night was a different story, we all went on a cocktail cruise last and i got smashed hee hee. Now just to let ya know, i'm not a drinker at all, my last drink was 5 months or so ago and i am what you call an " economical drunk". So two champagnes and 2 kalua/coffee cocktail ( yummy!) and i was very silly and giggling all night. But i had a blast, drinking is something i rarely do and i was with great friends so there was no guilt at all- just the way it should be. I also mangaged to go for 2 massive walks around the lagoons which was very refreshing.

Now that's not the reason i HAD to start blogging.

It was the dramas that happened when i arrived back at home. Damn Hemorrhoid got to me again... i think i left my Bullshit Blinkers back at the cove. I had such a great time and wanted to tell her all about it, we even got groovy new laptops too! But Hemorrhoid couldnt give a shit and couldnt change the subject fast enough. In my head i already knew she wouldnt care about my trip so i really shouldnt have said anything in the first place but i still let her appauling attitude get to me. Its like i'm just yearning for her approval/acceptance/love but i know i will never get it, really got to me again today. Its a vicious fuckin cycle if you ask me and it still dose my head in. So yes i did a bit of comfort eating this arvo (Gen, if you're reading this, i'm sorry i wasnt strong at all and couldnt resist the urge =( ) and yes i did feel GUILTY...again.

So what am i gonna do about it:

1. I've just cracked open a bottle of Eagle's Gluco Support ( a brand my company owns!), it contains chromium, gymnema,cinnamon + a few other bits and pieces and helps maintain blood glucose and reduce sugar cravings which i'll be taking with lunch, a/tea and dinner.

2. I'm taking all wheat and dairy outta my diet. For those of you that dont know i'm very intolerant/sensitive to both. Wheat makes me bloat ( even oats) and dairy makes me congested and my skin breaks out. I've known this for a long time, its just during non-dieting phases that they sneakily creep back into the food plan. So its accountability time! I know i will feel fantastic ommiting them anyway. So...THEY ARE OFF THE MENU!

Here's some food for thought:

The world would be healthier place if the above were not eaten. If you think about it, both foods contribute a huge percentage to digestive disorders, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes and OBESITY! ( cakes, pastries, choc, ice cream, cheeses etc the list goes on!). Man was not suppose to eat wheat. It was a cheap plant grown for trade centuries ago and fed to convicts, it was never intended for human consumption, and now its one of the highest manufactured products in the world. It really has no nutritional value.

3. Which also mean no skinny chinos for a little while :(. But thats ok- more herbal teas will now glide down my throat, just think of all those antioxidants!

4. I'm seeing my chiro/kinesiologist on thursday for an adjustment too. He is brilliant. I'm gonna get him to test prunes, dried dates, PB, cashews and maybe my beloved 85% lindt on me, cos i'm nearly 99% sure that the first 4 blow me out. Will also discuss with him some strategies to get to the bottom of this binge eating.

Well what a load off, i'm feeling much better again. So one goal i will work on this week is thinking of Food as Fuel. I will savour each mouthful of (healthy) food and really focus on what all these nutrients will be doing for my body.

Will be back in the gym on thursday, should have my new program by then too! I've had a week off weights now, and my back is about 85% so training again should help my enthusiasm for healthy eating again.

Steph, i'm gonna tex you a positive thought first thing tomorrow morning!!!!

SMILE x

1 comment:

  1. hows the wheat/dairy detox going lovely girl? :) having cut these out for comp prep ive found out just how much the bod dislikes them! but small doses just for the taste factor are allowed! hehe.

    ReplyDelete