Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Breaking an Addiction

Deciding to take part in Nailing November was kind of a big decision for me. I had been tossing up all weekend whether or not to join in. The reason being was that i had to admit (to the world) my PB addiction. But you know what? The first step in BREAKING an addiction is to ADMIT that you HAVE ONE!

Its one thing admitting to yourself in your mind that you have an addiction but to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and actually write it down is quite LIBERATING. It was a huge barrier to overcome and i am stoked that it is now out there in the blogosphere. After typing yesterdays' post i savoured a few last mouthfuls of PB and threw the remaining jar in the bin. GONESKY!

I woke up this morning feeling great knowing that i WILL kick the PB habit once and for all. And guess what? No cravings at all today =).. I actually haven't even thought about it. I actually think that reaching for a spoonful of PB was more of bad habit that had to do with boredom rather than a food i feel i can't live without.... I haven't replaced PB with anything either =)

Mindless snacking is another bad habit that i want to add to my NOVEMBER NAILERS list. That includes snacking/nibbling whilst preparing meals; in between meals; and after dinner (the disaster zone!).

Have you got an addiction that you need to break? Take the first step and WRITE it DOWN or feel free to share it with me! We're all in this together bloglanders!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chelle, well I'm glad you joined in! You know what they say - sometimes a problem shared is a problem halved :) Well done chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for getting the ball rolling Liz! I'm really looking forward to 2011, i think its going to be a kick-arse year!!!

    ReplyDelete