Monday, January 24, 2011

200 DB Swings + 155 Burpees + 8km = Shattered and on a HIGH!

Did you read the title!? Yep that is what i did today!

In the A.M i did Zuzana's Swim in own Sweat workout:

10 x RH DB swings + 10 x LH DB swings + 20 burpees
10 x RH DB swings + 10 x LH DB swings + 19 burpees
10 x RH DB swings + 10 x LH DB swings + 18 burpees
10 x RH DB swings + 10 x LH DB swings + 17 burpees
10 x RH DB swings + 10 x LH DB swings + 16 burpees
10 x RH DB swings + 10 x LH DB swings + 15 burpees
10 x RH DB swings + 10 x LH DB swings + 14 burpees
10 x RH DB swings + 10 x LH DB swings + 13 burpees
10 x RH DB swings + 10 x LH DB swings + 12 burpees
10 x RH DB swings + 10 x LH DB swings + 11 burpees

= 200 DB Swings and 155 BURPEES!

It was a killer workout. I used a 6kg DB for rounds 1-3, 7kg DB for rounds 4-6 and a 8kg DB for rounds 7-10. I completed it in 26.47mins and by the time i finished i looked like i had done my workout in the steam room. One of the guys at gym came up and asked me if i was in the army hahaha.

Then i spent the rest of the day at work recovering and came up with this fabulous idea of hitting the streets for an 8km run this arvo. Ummm i don't recall hitting my head whilst doing the burpees. After about 300m (my run begins at the bottom of a hill, i really should begin in a different direction) i realised that my legs were fu*ked dead. To make matters worse i wore my Asics 1150s because i didn't want to make my blisters any worse. I haven't worn 'normal running shoes' in over a month and OMG it was like i had strapped lead to my feet! But i plodded along up and down my mountainous suburb and with about 1km to go i got a STITCH! Noooooooooooooooooo. I blame that on all the core work i have done over the past few days. Usually i can breathe them out but not today, this one stuck around. Anywho i kept moving forward, the other option was to stop and cry in the gutter.... I still would have to make it home so i figured running slowly was better than giving up and WALKING! Final time was 45.47mins. Even though it was HELL i'm still on a high from my kick arse training day!

Now time to lie in a coma in front of the telly ;-)


.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED this workout!! I may do it again today :D Awesome job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when i did this workout girl!I'll definitely be doing it again in the next week or too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Char, my body is a lil tired today lol!

    ReplyDelete